For SA Learners:
- Vermont Middle Grade Book Awards Slideshow-site (Soon to be Golden Dome Awards!)
- Hour of Code resources and activities (goes off site)
- SA Should Have this Book! – Book Request Form (opens in a new window)
News For Families
Meet the New Library Staff
Ms. Wisloski (Ms. Wiz, left) started this fall as the new librarian (Ms. Hayes still works in afterschool!) and is loving her time so far at SA!
A newer-new addition, Ms. Skye (Ellicock) joined us in December and is getting settled in. Library time definitely looks different this year, so read more on the Loans and Policies page for all the details.
What We Do in Library
If you want to see the Digital Learning and Information Fluency Curriculum, check out the inspiration for BSD’s curriculum source, the Empire State Information Fluency Continuum.
Holds Your Books in ‘Discover’
Whether at school or at home, students in grades 3 through 5 may put a hold on books they wish to check out. Watch the training video on the catalog landing page to learn how to sign in using Gmail. Unable to login? Contact Ms. Wiz by email.
What’s this Bag About?
It’s a challenging year for many of us. In light of the pandemic, and a need for students to keep privacy of book selection and also have books in a safe location at home or in their bags, the library bought these canvas totes to help learners
- transport, and
- find their library books. The bags are yours to keep. (Read 10/30 family letter here.)
Two ideas of how to use the bag:
- Send it to school on your student’s library day (link goes to SA Library calendar) with books inside.
- Keep it at home in a known location, so the student has a special place to keep books that are on loan from SA.
Find SA Library on YouTube!
Ms. Wiz has some book read-alouds and makes training videos for students online at the school library’s YouTube channel. Check it out!